Greywood Arts is a multidisciplinary artists’ residency space in a private home in Killeagh, Co. Cork. Situated on just over an acre alongside the River Dissour, the house provides a quiet retreat. Its village centre location allows convenient access to local amenities like shops and pubs. There is a fee for self-catering accommodation, but workspace is always free.
Workspace is accessible 24 hours a day, but quiet hours are from 12 midnight to 7am. Participants must provide their own tools, equipment, and materials.
- Writer’s Den: A room with a desk overlooking the river and a cozy spot for reading. It could also be suitable for anyone working primarily on a computer (video editors, electronic music composers.)
- Movement Studio: Located on the second floor (3rd floor USA), it is 8.8 meters long by 5.2 meters wide ( 28 x 17 ft) with high ceilings and a wood floor.
- Visual Arts Studio: 5.2m by 5.2m (17 x 17 ft) with four south-east facing windows and high ceilings. There is a work table, a drafting table, an easel and a sink. Note the studio is located on the second floor (3rd Floor USA) and is thus not suitable for large scale fabrication.
- Library: A shared space for reading, writing, and relaxing. A place musicians can gather with their instruments. Future plans include an upright piano and a collection of works by Irish women writers.
- Dining room: A place for groups to gather and eat, or a place to meet and brainstorm around a table.
We have four bedrooms and can accommodate up to eight guests.
- Guest Rooms: We have four guest rooms. Three have double beds and one has two single beds. Bathroom facilities are shared. There is one full bath with shower upstairs, and one downstairs. An additional WC is located upstairs. Bed linens and towels are provided, as well as access to laundry facilities.
- Eat-in Kitchenette: Equipped with a refrigerator, an electric cooker/oven, and a microwave, as well as everything you need to prepare and enjoy meals.
- Garden: Currently a work in progress. We have over an acre divided into yard, riverfront, and field. You are welcome to use the BBQ.
- Animals: We have two dogs, two cats, and a goat. We’re hoping to add pigs, chickens, and bees.
This is our home. We ask that guests treat it with the same respect they would their own.
KILLEAGH VILLAGE is located on the main road N25 between the larger towns of Midleton (15 min away) and Youghal (10 min). The beautiful Glenbower Wood is located a short walk from the house, and Red Barn Strand (beach) is about a 30 minute cycle away. Guests are welcome to borrow bicycles.
Killeagh is home to one of the oldest pubs in Ireland, The Old Thatch, which serves lunch and dinner. There are also two additional pubs, two grocery stores, a post office, a newsagent, a pharmacy, a butcher, a chipper and a Chinese restaurant. Castlemartyr, the next village over, has a coffee shop and greengrocer (5 min by car or 15 by bicycle).
Midleton is known for the Jameson Distillery and its excellent farmer’s market on Saturdays. Local food is emphasised in cafes like Sage/Greenroom, Farmgate and Monty’s.
Midleton Books is a great spot to pick up new books, and there is a used bookshop in Youghal.
Transportation: Killeagh village is on the N25 and is serviced by the 260 local bus route from Cork City as well as the 40 Tralee-Cork-Waterford-Rosslare bus route. We have off street parking if you are driving. We may be able to collect visitors traveling long distances at Cork Airport or from Cork City.